This week has been much better, as mentioned in last week’s post I was really starting to get paralysis by analysis so I have made several decisions this week that are based on the direction that I want to go.
Carrying on from last week I knew I had to make some decisions and this is what was going through my head.
I going to go a smaller niche, actually no I am going to do an informational blog and monetize it with adsense, actually no i'll just do both. Actually scrap that I will do a smaller niche that I can grow into an authority site. What products are selling? What products do I want to sell? Where do I even start with content on a really narrow niche, maybe I should just stick to something I know and smash out the content for that.
You must be getting frustrated reading all those changes of thoughts and ups and downs. Trust me you were only feeling a small percentage of the frustration I was feeling and the headache in my occipital region (base of the skull) was getting worse and worse.
But I put that aside and just thought logically about the situation. Every niche I found I could always find a reason not to pursue it so this is what I did.
1. I went to Niche Hacks article on 1109 profitable niches
2. I made a list of 10 topics from that list before choosing one based on some basic keyword research using Longtail Pro.
That’s it. I had my first niche and it is in the Health Science niche looking at particular conditions.
Now it didn’t stop there. What kept going through my mind was how many people said they wish they had started doing just 1 niche site instead of multiple. However it’s interesting to see that most of them did start with several and despite the advice I have decided to do the same.
Because you increase the odds of succeeding and you’re decreasing your time on the learning curve. The only downside is that you are dramatically increasing your workload as well.
So what have I chosen for my other three niches?
The other three niches I have chosen are related to areas I am extremely knowledgeable about. One is in the Travel Experience Niche another is in Sports Coaching and the last one is in Online Promotions.
Each is going to be built extremely differently. This is like a large experiment. I will be concentrating on different techniques for each niche. The options I am going with is information guide, video content with information products and the last one is a 10 page niche with ever-green content. The main site I will be looking to experiment with Amazon Affiliates
My goal this week is to get 2 pillar posts finished for 2 different niches. I have chosen the articles, groups the keywords and now I just need to construct my first article.
Setting up a website.
This is straight up what I am using and what services I use
- Thrive Themes – I have used this to build some large sites and some smaller sites and the ease at which you can create good looking content makes it a no-brainer. I am heavily focused on conversions in everything I do online and this software caters for that. I have used the Thrive Content Builder on this site.
- A2 Hosting – I got recommended this hosting last year and I haven’t looked back since. I do still have some sites on BlueHost including this blog but the next sites I am building will be on A2 Hosting
- Email Marketing – I am actually starting with MailChimp which may surprise a lot of people. I do not intend to stay with MailChimp but at the moment it meets my needs of just collecting emails simply and for free. I will look at a paid solution when I plan my autoresponder series down the track.
In terms of the website set up I will cover this more in next week’s blog as currently I am just looking to create 2 pillar posts as a keystone for the niche sites. I will be making the purchases I need including upgrading my Thrive Membership.